7.11.2005

Turning 28....and Memo's mind is going!

So....now Beth and Sarah can get off my back. I have finally had a free moment to jot down a story! As you all know...my birthday was this past Friday. As happens with many Californians, my Driver's License expired on that day. Did I take care of this weeks before my birthday! Of course not, that would have been the smart thing. So, on my lunch, on my birthday....I decide to head to the nearest DMV. After my 10 minute drive there, and waiting in line for another 15...I finally talk to the outer circle at the DMV! Let me replay the conversation for you:

DMV Lady (sounds and looks like the paperwork chick from Monsters Inc): "Next in line. How can I help you?"
Naomi: "Hi. I need to renew my Driver's License."
DMV Lady: "Can I see you Driver's License?"
Naomi: "Absolutely!" Hands over the license.
DMV Lady (Dramatic pause): "Honey, your license doesn't expire for another 2 years. Next in line!"
Naomi: "Well golly gee...I just drove off the farm and I reckon I forgot to look at the license before I decided that it was time to renew! I'm such a silly yokel!"

Man was I pissed....so I drove the additional 10 minutes back to my office...only to have missed almost my entire lunch break...so I had some Cheetos! How's that for a happy freakin' birthday!
As soon as I can figure out how to work the Power button on my monitor...I shall blog again later! Night to my peeps!

1 comment:

Andres said...

Happy belated BDay Memo!