7.11.2005

Two Posts in One Night...Say it Ain't So!

You pestered me!

So, I need to learn the ins and outs of blogdom? Sarah and Bethiclaus...now that you have peeked my interests...you must show me how to add pictures and cool stuff. Call me! (Said like the stupid chicks in the movies!) Got any places where I can looksy?

On to bigger and better things! Home Depot! I love my husband more than life itself...but if I were to never go to another Home Depot in my lifetime...I think I would be just fine. To JR, the smell of wood is like a fond childhood memory of working side by side with his father and grandfather...proud of the product he bore with his own mighty hands. To me, the smell of wood can be likened to catching your nipple in the shower door! It means labor...and that is one thing I am just not good at. We built a 600 square foot deck this weekend off of the back of our house and I loathed every minute of it! It was hot (well, I might be a smidge dramatic here because I live in San Diego and I think it hit 75) and I thought my back was going to snap in half holding up my porky frame. After nailing my 600th nail and screwing my 700th screw...there was no pride in my "mighty hands"....in fact my hands were swollen, blistered...and pissed off at me!

So, he decided that we could take tonight off since we worked so hard over the weekend! So, I was thinking "Dude, that's sweet" (cause all of us Californians talk like that). Where do we end up? Freakin' Home Depot! UGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH! This time we needed something electrical for the spa! Now, I'm a big fan of spas...but I don't believe that you should gather all of your "electrical spa hooking up" knowledge from the internet. There are some things that you should just pay a professional for! Has he ever wired a spa (may I remind you this holds water!!!!)? Never. Does he have a plan? Of course, he got it off of the internet. So, when the Western States lose their power over this next weekend...you can blame it on him!

I think I am done for the moment! Nighty Night!

2 comments:

Andres said...

Well blogged Memo, well blogged.

Sarah said...

Nice Memo, Remind me not to get in the spa on my next visit. Something about electricity, water and internet directions just sounds wrong!