8.09.2005

10 Year Reunion - Am I Really That Old Already?

So...I know it's been awhile...but this one is going to take up some room so get over yourselves! I went to my 10 year high school reunion on Saturday, August 6th...and my oh my how those 10 years did fly! I was really dreading it I have to admit. What with my crazy hair because of the humidity and the freshman 70 that I have seemed to have packed on...I was a little nervous as to how I might be received. It doesn't help that I was going with Kelly...one of my hot friends!

However, to my shock I actually enjoyed myself and I didn't even drink! The only part about the entire evening that seemed to make me laugh were those few people who really felt the need to "expand" on what they did for a living. They would try to give me some lone title...and I would basically call bullshit flag and ask them what some of their job responsibilities were and then glean what they really did from there. For example:

Naomi: What do you do for a living?
Old Classmate: I own my own company.
Naomi: What kind of business does your company dabble in?
Old Classmate: Exchanges
Naomi: Very interesting! Like the Stock Exchange? Financial services?
Old Classmate: No, bodily fluid exchange.
Naomi: AHHH, so you're a hooker. I didn't know they gave out Tax ID numbers for that!

All in all, I am glad that I went. I was able to reconnect with some people that I had lost touch with...and see what happened to the hot guys and girls of the Class of '95. Good news: Most of the hot chicks now have mullets and have gained a few pounds as well! Bad News: Most of the hot guys were still really freakin' hot. I guess in another 10 years, 1 or 2 of them will be bald and fat!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

You should have stated that eating while reading this blog is not allowed! That is hilarious Naomi. I am glad you had fun though. In ten years it will be great to see the bald guys and the bald girls, hope your not one of them!