12.25.2006

Merry Christmas!

Or as I would like to now call it...Travesty 2006!

Every year I worry about the fact that there are not enough gifts under the tree for my sister. And every year my sister is as happy as can be about the gifts she gets. While she is not all wrapped up in the quantity thing...I am superficial and very worried about it.

For Christmas 2006, I got her a Calder calendar, tickets to "The Color Purple" in Chicago and a set of monkey sheets. And one kick ass stocking full of goodies!

In detail, here is why Sarah did nor did not get all of the things on this list:

The Calder Calendar: Ordered 12/5/06 from Calendars.com (they are now dead to me) and as of 12/23/06...still not arrived. They will be getting another phone call on Tuesday! So, instead Sarah got my annual USAA boat calendar that my insurance company sends with an IOU on it.

Monkey Sheets: So, my husband and I found some really cute monkey sheets at Target and decided to purchase them for one Sarahbooboo...over a month ago. Upon wrapping them last night I discovered, they are the wrong size and not monkeys! What the hell??? She got clouds instead and faked happiness over them so I appreciated that.

Tickets: So, I decided to print the tickets off last night while wrapping Sarah's other pitiful gifts (see Calendar and Sheets above). I ordered them through Ticketmaster and had them e-mailed to me. Wouldn't you know it...our internet went out last night. After a few moments of panic and tears, JR figured out a way to get my tickets without me having to call my dad at midnight and have him print them. Wouldn't that have been a fun phone call since he swears "I live my life on E!"

Because I felt like Christmas for Sarah had fallen apart, JR turned her a pencil and pen set at 12:30 this morning and I made her a wedding planner. Just to top it all off, I gave her a set of chopsticks for her hair...chopsticks I bought in San Fran 2 months ago for my hair! HA!


Let's just say that she had better bring an extra suitcase to San Diego next year...cause I'm filling that bitch up!

Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

oh memo, I loved my gifts. You didn't need to do extra.

Jenny! said...

That sounds like a lot of good stuff! I hope she got you something good too!

Jeanette said...

If there is one person in the world who truly doesn't care what they get as a gift, but about the thought that was put behind it, I would have to say it is Sarah. I'm sure just being able to be with all of you on Christmas was really gift enough for her. (43 hours until she's ours again!)

What the hell is a monkey sheet?